Discover How to Get the Most out of Your Internet Service?
You need to be able to maximize the speed of your Internet service to take advantage and to be successful in your business and/or profession. Do you even know of any business that doesn’t depend on the Internet to some extent? There are fewer and fewer of them every day! It is certainly part of digital transformation, and Internet connectivity has become an essential pillar of a company’s day-to-day operations. And we know there can be plenty of headaches and connectivity issues when connection, speed, and performance failures occur.
That is why at Access Point we are experts in helping you get the most out of the Internet service you pay for and, at the same time, we help you increase your company’s productivity and innovation through technology. Today we want to give you some recommendations so you can get the most out of your Internet connection service.
But before we start with these useful tips, we would like to remind you that the speed you contract with your Internet speed service will not always be the same. This will depend on factors such as the time of day, the place from which the device is being connected, or the type of connection that you have (cable, Wi-Fi, among others).
Top 3 Hacks to Speed up Your Internet Connection
These tips will help you to get the most out of your Internet speed service.
1. Speed Test
First of all, it is essential that you know the Internet plan you currently have and make a diagnosis of your current connection, pay attention to the upload speed and download speed. And the best way to do this is to perform an Internet speed test, that will help you to find out if your connection has significant opportunities for improvement.
Once you have done the test and if you detect a slow Internet speed, far below what you have paid, you can follow these steps to improve the slow connection speed.
2. Router Placement
The placement of these devices is vital for the proper operation of your connection. Routers transmit invisible signals that bounce off the walls. At Access Point, we explore the facilities of all our customers in order to recommend strategic points for equipment placement ensuring that connection is optimal throughout the space. We are able to detect Wi-Fi dead spots, low intensity areas, or crowded Wi-Fi channels. We give you these easy recommendations based on our experience:
- Make sure the router is on a flat surface and in a high place.
- Do not place it near bathrooms or kitchens, as pipes generate interference.
- Similarly, metal objects can cause interference.
- Avoid corners and windows, since a significant percentage of the signal will go into the open space.
- A common mistake is to put the wi fi router in cabinets. Avoid it! especially in metal cabinets.
- Always choose central locations.
Remember that we offer 24/7 service and personalized support. Contact us here!
3. Optimize Your Router’s Performance
- Use USB powerline adapters with an external antenna for Wi Fi signal.
- Use signal amplifiers, a wifi extender or old modems set to increase the range of your wi fi network.
- Use long-range antennas on your routers.
- Connect as many devices as you can with an Ethernet cable (wired connection). This way you will get a faster Internet speed.
- Strengthen the security of your company or home network. Do not allow other external devices to connect.
- Create multiple Wi-Fi networks. For example, if you want to improve Wi-Fi connection in a hotel or restaurant, you can offer different levels of network access to administrators, employees, customers, etc. Creating a guest portal in which you offer free Wifi connection without allowing access to the entire network is a good practice. This will let you to bring your users to your website, present them with offers, or collect data.
- Update your wifi router and make sure it is protected from security threats to your network. Additionally, make sure your Wi-Fi networks have the necessary security protocols to prevent hackers from accessing them. At our company Access Point we are security experts! If you have any questions, contact us here.
As you can see, you can try many options in order to improve your slow speeds and benefit from an excellent Internet speed connection and, whether you are at home doing home office while your family is using the service, or you want to have an excellent Internet connection in your company, you can improve your connection in order to benefit from a higher productivity, satisfied customers, and less headaches!
What other advice to improve your Internet connection has worked for you? Let us know in the comments!